Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Policy to only start after previous policy completed(6 MP4)

2008-04-29 10:43:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Policy to only start after previous policy completed(6 MP4)
From: netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:13:10 +0200
If you want the second policy to run only after the first, then create a USER
schedule in the second policy, create a bpend_notify.firstpolicy script/bat/cmd
file and have it call the second policy. Of course if what your looking for is
maximum tape usage this will accomplish the exact opposite.

Good luck.

Patrick Whelan

Hi all,

In order to maximise the tape useage, I want to be able to have it so no matter
what time Policy 1 finishes, Policy 2 will not start until Policy 1 is
completed.

Is there a way to put a dependency on policies under 6.0 MP4?

Cheers.