Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Terminate backup job after a specified amount of time

2008-04-26 17:59:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Terminate backup job after a specified amount of time
From: Larry Mascarenhas <LMascare AT comcast DOT net>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:42:59 -0400
Hello,

I have a scenario whereby after a specified amount of time (say 8
hours), I would like to terminate the backup job. At this point, we're
entering the market hours and backups need to be stopped. Is there any
available methodology in Netbackup to interrupt the backups after
specified amount of time / at a specified time?

If there isn't, I'm looking for pointers as to how to identify the
parent job (Gui is too easy. I'm looking for command line to script it)
and from there get the time. Any other way to do this?

I know that the status of the backups that have already taken place
(especially DBs) is no use. And yes, I'll have to visit it and make it
faster/change start times etc etc.

--

Larry Mascarenhas
LMascare AT comcast DOT net