Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there any way to find an expired image on a tape?

2008-04-24 11:12:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there any way to find an expired image on a tape?
From: "Stump, Bob A" <Bob.A.Stump AT fnis DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:49:37 -0500
Is there any way to find an expired image on a tape? NetBackup removes
the catalog information concerning an expired image. The tape remains
assigned to NetBackup until all images on the tape have expired.  There
could be an expired image on a tape that you could bpimport and do a
restore of the image.

You would first have to identify the tape and expire all active images
on it before you could bpimport. Identifying the tape is the hard part
when there are hundreds of possible tapes. I would think you would have
to mount the tape and read it to see what images were on it.

Another possible solution is to setup a temporary master server and
bprecover an old catalog to it. Any other solutions?

Bob Stump
VERITAS "Ain't it the truth?"

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential.
If you are not the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not
disclose,
distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender
immediately. In addition,
please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to
archiving and review by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.