Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Recover 5.1 Catalog to 6.5 Server

2008-04-21 17:03:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Recover 5.1 Catalog to 6.5 Server
From: <alex.gerber AT sepracor DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:20:06 -0400

Hi Guys,

I got a question for you. I am upgrading to a new environment and I have a bit of dilemma.

Old Environment

V880 Solaris 9 Netbackup 5.1 MP5

New Environment

(2) V445 Solaris 10 Netbackup 6.5

I am curious if there is a way to recover Netbackup 5.1 catalog to NB 6.5 (obviously do the nbpushdata afterwards to convert to EMM) without the need of installing 5.1 binaries and then 6.5 afterwards?

Thanks,

Alex Gerber

CISSP, CISA

MSIA (2008), MBA (2009)

Senior UNIX Systems Administrator

Sepracor Inc.

p. 508.357.7445

f.  508.357.7777

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS COMMUNICATION AND ANY ATTACHMENTS HERETO IS CONFIDENTIAL, MAY BE ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGED, AND IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL USE OF THE ADDRESSEE(S). IF THE READER OF THIS MESSAGE IS NOT AN INTENDED RECIPIENT, OR AN AGENT THEREOF, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT ANY REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS COMMUNICATION OR ANY ATTACHMENT HERETO IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY E-MAIL, AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE .