Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup protecting 30TB - 60TB NetApp over NDMP.

2008-04-21 16:10:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup protecting 30TB - 60TB NetApp over NDMP.
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:41:35 +0000
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:16:46AM -0700, Jim Hall wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I had read it might become avail in 6.5, but realize
> that information is now probably bogus.

I don't have anything to do with NDMP development, but I don't see
anything on future of the protocol that makes me think the support
necessary would be here soon.  It looks like making multiplexing and
demultiplexing work are higher priorities.

> I am kind of wishing there was a tighter integration
> between what the NetApp has built-in for creating its
> snapshots and a receptor on the NBU side.

Snapshot integration is also mentioned in the NDMP drafts.