Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore reports

2008-04-17 18:06:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore reports
From: Norman_Ellis AT discovery DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:54:31 -0400

Make sure you are using NOM 6.5 it's much more stable. I would also suggest calling your account rep and have that person schedule his assigned SE to visit your site to assist you. Chances are your SE can do the install for you and fix any issue which may crop up. Your SE, (if good enough), would also be able to guide you to a solution that will meet your backup related SOX requirements. We are using VBR "Veritas Backup Reporter" but that may not work for you. As others have pointed out, maybe Aptare will work for you.

griff <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

04/17/2008 05:05 PM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Restore reports

Thanks for the responses.  I've been trying to install the NOM server but I haven't had much luck with it.  I already have VxSS setup on our master server for NBAC.  So I tried to setup NOM on a client and I can't seem to log into it with the default admin password.  Keeps giving me User authentication failed.  There's probably a trust issue somewhere.  I leaning towards uninstalling VxSS on the master and installing everything(VxSS and NOM) on the client server.  Hopefully that will fix the issue.

Also, I need the restore information for auditing purposes.  They are always asking for proof of restores.  I think its a SOX requirement.

Own the landmark Planet Earth series on DVD!  Find more great gifts by shopping online at http://discoverystore.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Discovery Communications, LLC.