Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore Netbackup from catastrophic failure of Master Server

2008-04-17 14:43:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore Netbackup from catastrophic failure of Master Server
From: "Taylor, Morgan CTR USAF AFSPC SLG/GPS" <Morgan.Taylor.ctr AT schriever.af DOT mil>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:22:14 -0600

I am trying to recover my NetBackup and system data (catalog db and system partitions) from my tape library. My master server (UNIX) crashed and was unrecoverable.

I have reloaded Solaris and rebuilt my Partitions. I do not have the data anywhere else. (Screwed up config I know, but I didn’t build it) I have been through the disaster recovery section of the manual. I cannot find my catalog tape. I cannot get NetBackup working correctly. (I am going to have to reinstall it)

I need to know how to find my catalog Tape?????

Morgan Taylor

Contractor, SMC

GPS Level 1 Sustainment

Schriever Air Force Base, CO 80912

719 567 3208 or 567 3242

mailto:morgan.taylor.ctr AT schriever.af DOT mil