Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Silent install script.

2008-04-16 10:59:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Silent install script.
From: "Barber, Layne Mr CTR US DISA GS4M2" <layne.barber.ctr AT csd.disa DOT mil>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:42:35 -0500

Hi all!

I have modified the silentinstall.cmd script for the NBU 6.0 Win32 client for our windows admins to use to upgrade their clients. I am having a slight issue however.

I modified the SET CLIENT= to be similar to:

SET CLIENT=%COMPUTERNAME%.my.domain.com

The problem is that windows returns %COMPUTERNAME% in UPPER CASE, so this then sets the client name to CLIENT.my.domain.com and the client is already defined in NBU as client.my.domain.com. This causes issues (as I'm sure you are all aware), the client cannot browse their backups to do a restore, but if they change it to the lower case name it works.

Is there any way to convert this within the script to lower case, or is there some other environment variable in windows (2k, 2k3,XP) that will return the client name in lowercase?

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thank You,

Layne Barber
MCSE, Master-CNE, CompTIA A+