Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] clone or duplicate tape

2008-04-16 08:50:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] clone or duplicate tape
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>, "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>, <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:34:10 -0400
Just to clarify on what Curtis wrote.  Vault costs extra but is a
Symantec/Veritas product intended to be used with NBU.

As he noted you can do it yourself with a script using the bpduplicate
command if you don't want to pay for Vault to automate things.

For our large Production DB we do an inline tape copy which as he also
notes means it uses twice as many drives.