Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do I securely backup SAP?

2008-04-10 18:18:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do I securely backup SAP?
From: Norman_Ellis AT discovery DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 17:59:18 -0400

All,
        I've read through the NBU admin guide for SAP on Unix and nowhere does it show me how to configure the scripts provided by the SAP NBU module to backup SAP  using a file that contains encrypted passwords. If I use clear text (obviously not good) I can get it to work swimmingly. I opened a case with NBU and they promptly told me that since I can backup the DB passing a clear text username and password in the scripts that nothing on the NBU side is broke and to call SAP.

CMD_LINE="$SAP_ENV brarchive -u <username_here> -c -d util_file -sd \
                -p $UTLDIR/archive_backup.sap >$ARCHOT"

Before I have to rope in one of our SAP admins twho will most likely need to open a case with SAP, how are you guys doing it? How do you encrypt the SAP user’s operating system username / password and the SAP user’s Oracle username / password which the NBU scripts will use?

Own the landmark Planet Earth series on DVD!  Find more great gifts by shopping online at http://discoverystore.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Discovery Communications, LLC.