Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Auburn vs Netbackup forums- Was: sniff...bpgp is gone from 6.5

2008-04-10 17:08:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Auburn vs Netbackup forums- Was: sniff...bpgp is gone from 6.5
From: "Staub, Doug" <rstaub AT amgen DOT com>
To: Jim Horalek <jimh AT federaledge DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:43:05 -0700
Hmmm, seems Symantec could have done several of us a favor on this thread and
others by replacing bpgp (very useful) with a utility to dump policies and be
able to re-import them - would make their product more attractive and our lives
easier....instead they just take away the good commands.

Someone before me had the wisdom to write a number of scripts to do just this,
but tribal knowledge is quickly forgotten and not so well documented...

SYMANTEC, CAN YOU PLEASE WRITE SOMETHING THAT WOULD PORT POLICY-RELATED
INFORMATION TO TEXT FILES AND RE-IMPORT THEM?  This would also be very useful
for those of us managing 100s or 1000s of policies when we want to make a
batch-conversion change (change media servers, STUs, schedules, multi-plexing,
etc).

Kindest regards,
Doug