Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?

2008-04-09 20:14:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?
From: Jeff Bryer <bryer AT sfu DOT ca>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:59:06 -0700
We're currently running our NBU 6.0 master server on a SUN V240
with an XRaid for disk staging.  How viable would it be to run
our master server (we'd be willing to upgrade to 6.5) on a SUN Thumper
(the Sun Fire X4500)?

One integrated box for disk staging and our master server (we don't run
media servers) sounds appealing.  We already have a Thumper in production.
But I've never run the NetBackup server on Solaris/x86.

The Thumper would provide enough staging space for the duration of the lease
on the box.

--
Jeff Bryer                              bryer AT sfu DOT ca
Systems Administrator                   (778) 782-4935