Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO-4 on Linux

2008-04-09 14:58:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO-4 on Linux
From: "Cornely, David" <David_Cornely AT intuit DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:37:10 -0700

Did you up your NBU buffer settings to account for the increased performance of LTO-4?

You can check this technote to determine which settings to check and if your media server has enough resources to push these upgraded drives:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/183702.htm

I’ve heard that 1MB is useful for the buffer size (1048576) but you’ll need to test to really nail it down.