Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Mailing list replies before questions?

2008-04-09 13:56:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Mailing list replies before questions?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 17:39:19 +0000
On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 11:05:11AM -0600, Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:
> Are any of you gray-listing your inbound mail?  That can make weird
> arrival-order behavior.

Not in my case, but I suppose the list software doesn't regard
minimizing latency on sending mails.  I assume it batches things over a
long time.

Since the day I joined I've received email replies to posts long before
I see it on the list in my mailbox.  I'm usually 20-30 minutes behind.
I haven't seen any changes in this over the years.

        by mailman.eng.auburn.edu (8.13.4/8.13.4/Debian-3sarge3) with ESMTP id
        m39H5IPv007651
        for <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>; Wed, 9 Apr 2008
12:05:18 -0500

(So right about 20 minutes for this one).

I don't know that I've ever seen out-out-order posts from the listerv,
but direct email replies can make it appear that way.