Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] User Archiving Issue

2008-04-09 10:50:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] User Archiving Issue
From: "Jackson, Todd" <c-todd.jackson AT invitrogen DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:24:32 -0400
Hello Everyone

I have an issue that I created a User Archive Policy for a system
that accumulates huge logs to clear up space several times a day for
that group when they need to run the job.

In my Backup selection I have created /tmp/test for testing purposes.
The job works fin but then I tested on a directory not specified in the backup
selection such as /tmp/good_data and the Archive still completed.

Any idea why it didn't fail when the backup selection didn't match the policy?
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Jackson