Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 index size

2008-04-01 14:44:48
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5 index size
From: Marion Hakanson <hakansom AT ohsu DOT edu>
To: "Steve Quan" <sq01 AT yorku DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:13:04 -0700
sq01 AT yorku DOT ca said:
> Is anyone using ZFS for this ?
>
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Jeff Lightner wrote:
>> I second Ed's recommendation of Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM).   Not
>> just for NetBackup but for most filesystems (including those for
>> terabyte databases).   The options one has for controlling things such
>> . . .

Yes, we've been using ZFS since installing NetBackup 6.0MP4 late 2006.
It's particularly handy for setting a quota on the NetBackup log directory,
to keep it from eating up all your disk space.  It's snapshots are also
useful when you go to do an upgrade, making it easy to rollback if needed.
That fact that it's free doesn't hurt, either.

Regards,

Marion