Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NBU

2008-04-01 07:26:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Top 20 (or so) misunderstood things about NBU
From: bobbyrjw AT comcast DOT net
To: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 10:38:59 +0000
1. People don't spend time reading the manuals.  They think they can just click their way to protection.
2. Storage unit groups are not understood.  I love them.  I use them.  They can really improve the throughput and the redundancy of a backup system.
3. Management thinks that anyone can run NBU because all they have to do is click around.
4. Admins don't spend time learning the command line commands.  The commands are not exhaustively documented, however there are a lot of folks that don't even bother cracking the PDF's.

Bobby
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>