Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Remote Online Backups

2008-03-28 02:05:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Remote Online Backups
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 01:47:38 -0400
Right.  That's what I've heard -- that it's a great WAN-acceleration
product.  What I haven't bought off on, though, is this concept of "just
use your regular backup software and pretend like these hosts aren't on
the other side of the planet and back them up across the WAN."

I usually keep opinions like this to myself.  The SPAM thing just made
me feel like

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies

Technologies