Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 connectivity Issues [NC]

2008-03-27 11:46:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 connectivity Issues [NC]
From: misha.pavlov AT sgcib DOT com
To: "Andy Skates" <andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:08:29 -0400
Yes.

There is a bug in HP LTO3 firmware related to droped packets error
recovery ( or abscense of such :-)

Request a latest engineering f/w code upgrade from your vendor or HP
directly.
L6ES/011.995 works more or less OK for me.

It was a tought one to prove the point,  but the fiber traffic packets
capture loaded in Absolute Analisys Protocol Analize did the job one
couldn't argue with.

--
Misha Pavlov

"Andy Skates" <andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
03/26/2008 08:54 AM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] LTO3 connectivity Issues

Has anyone come across an issue with a connectivity limitation with HP
LTO3
drives?

I have a customer with a large SSO environment. They are having issues
with
connectivity dropping to their FC attached HP LTO3 drives.

One of the initial observations from the suppliers are that there is a
limit
of 32 concurrent connections.

Any comments / observations would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andy Skates

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.