Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] lto4 fc bottleneck

2008-03-21 07:56:43
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] lto4 fc bottleneck
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:38:03 -0500
You're mixing up bits and bytes.  Your fibre hba is 1 Gb (little b = bit).  Your drives are capable of 120MB (big B = byte).  So you're trying to put 120MB of data down a roughly 100MB pipe.

I'd say that for each LTO-4, you're going to need a dedicated 1Gb HBA or upgrade the HBAs switch to 4Gbps and then you can get away with only 2 of them.