Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP4: Number of jobs shown in activity monitor

2008-03-12 10:23:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 MP4: Number of jobs shown in activity monitor
From: Norman_Ellis AT discovery DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:46:16 -0400

We are running v6.0_MP5 on Win2k3; after reading what echum wrote, I ran (bpdbjobs -clean -keep_days 1)on our Win master server and it worked great.

Chris_Millet <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

03/12/2008 02:08 AM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject

echum wrote:
> By default, the GUI will only show the last 3 days of backup jobs. Use the bpdbjobs command to change this value:
>
> /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -clean -keep_days <number of days>
>
> See technote below for more info
> http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/291075.htm

I think alternatively you can also put in the registry (for windows) or the bp.conf (for UNIX) the KEEP_JOBS_HOURS and KEEP_JOBS_SUCCESSFUL_HOURS since bpdbjobs -clean is busted on Windows in v6.0_MP4.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/296104.htm

Own the landmark Planet Earth series on DVD!  Find more great gifts by shopping online at http://discoverystore.com

This e-mail, and any attachment, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, copying, dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Discovery Communications, LLC.