Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone restore a 6.0 environment from catalog backup?

2008-03-11 16:43:37
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone restore a 6.0 environment from catalog backup?
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 15:12:59 -0500

My impression is that you need the DR file. Period. I haven't tested it so I can't say, though.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

03/11/2008 11:48 AM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Anyone restore a 6.0 environment from catalog backup?

With < 6.0x you bprecover -r and you're pretty much all set; however, for
6.0 it also writes out a DR file, has anyone done recovery testing both
WITH and WITHOUT the DR file?

Justin.