Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.0MP5: cannot add fragment to image database

2008-03-10 12:54:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.0MP5: cannot add fragment to image database
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:25:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Justin Piszcz wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Mar 2008, Justin Piszcz wrote:
>
>> We are getting the following error on a big catalog backup:
>>
>> Error bptm (pid=16757) cannot add fragment to image database, error =
>> network connection timed out
>>
>> Running two identical 6.0MP5 server configurations, one has a bigger
>> catalog (more files than the other) and we get this error.  Recently I have
>> also migrated the openv installation to a fast RAID10 array--yet the
>> catalog backup still fails.  Anyone know of any tweaks or work-arounds to
>> get around this?
>>
>> Yes I have tried upping the timeouts to no avail.
>>
>> Justin.
>>

> Other poster:
>
> Similar issue.

Believe I may have found the issue, adding policies that contain images
for thousands/millions of files into the critical policies section for the
catalog backup appeared to be the culprit, after removing all
policies from critical polices section from the catalog backup
configuration my catalog backups work once again!

Justin.