Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP5 - Jobs queued, not going active

2008-03-09 07:24:42
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP5 - Jobs queued, not going active
From: "Gregory Demilde" <gdemilde AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:08:08 +0100
Marianne,

Have you already tried ?

# nbpem -terminate
# nbpem

Greg

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Marianne Van Den Berg <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za> wrote:

 Hope there's a guru out there that's awake and online!!

We have logged a priority 1 call with Symantec – they have only 1 engineer on duty trying to handle 5 calls… No idea when we can expect a call back…

Everything was running fine till about 7 hours ago.

We are seeing a couple of Active jobs, but they are parent processes only. Over a hundred jobs queued.

bpps shows a large number of nbgenjobs that seem to be hanging. nbgenjob log shows this message (repeated multiple times over last couple of hours):

waiting for Policy Execution Manager callback, verify nbpem is running

(nbpem IS running)

Master server: Solaris 10, NBU 6.0 MP5.

This has happened twice before. Stopping everything on master and all media servers and then restarting one by one 'solves' the problem. I don't see this as a solution – we need to know what's causing this.

Any ideas?

Regards

Marianne

Gregory DEMILDE