Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] DR testing Solution and Plan

2008-03-07 08:32:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] DR testing Solution and Plan
From: "Jackson, Todd" <c-todd.jackson AT invitrogen DOT com>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>, <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:03:52 -0500
Right Ed ... the DR site across the street is still on our company campus.
Currently it is just for testing and provides an alternative if the main datacenter
has power issues or like you said flood or fire.

Right the hot catalog is out with 6 so our media servers are NB 6 version.

After some more research it seems that we may look into Veritas Cluster Replicator
to update the DR server catalog on a regular. I am also understanding that NB 6.5 has
resolved the issue of needing the Host Override Options. That you can restore using a different media server
then the one originally used for the backup.

Thanks to both of you for assistance