Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NB Upgrade 3.4 to 6.5

2008-03-03 15:07:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NB Upgrade 3.4 to 6.5
From: "Jerry Rioux" <jerryrioux AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:44:40 -0500
We are planning the above mentioned upgrade. The catch is that we are switching hardware and OS as well.
Currently running 3.4.1 on WinNT
New Backup server (which will have the same name) is Windows 2003 and will have 6.5 loaded on it.

These are my proposed steps:

1 – Create a VM of WIN NT and install NB3.4

2 – Import NB catalog

3 – Upgrade VM and NB to 4.5

4 – Create a VM of Win 2003 and install NB 4.5

5 – Import 4.5 NB Catalog to win 2003 VM & NB

6 – Upgrade NB to 5.0

7 – Upgrade NB to 6.0

8 – Install & Configure NB 6.0 on Production server (plus patches)

9 – Import VM NB catalog to production server

Do you guys have any better options for doing this upgrade? The reason I am using a VM is because I cannot load 3.4 on the new Backup server in order to import the catalog.

Thanks,
Jerry