Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Server with multiple NICS

2008-03-01 07:17:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Server with multiple NICS
From: "Esson, Paul" <Paul.Esson AT Redstor DOT com>
To: "Esson, Paul" <Paul.Esson AT Redstor DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 11:28:51 -0000
Folks,

My clients won't have multiple NICS only the Media Server because its receiving
input from multiple subnets so the use of REQUIRED_INTERFACE on the client
won't help.  I basically want to send certain clients to certain
interfaces/addresses on the Media Server.  Doesn't the Master tell the client
where to send it's backup data via the policy information i.e. storage
unit/device host?

In a normal backup scenario nbjm starts the backup using bpcd to start bpbrm on
the Media Server.  The bpbrm process in turn starts bptm which then uses bpcd
to start bpbkar on the client.  Its the interaction between bpbkar on the
client and bptm on the Media Server that I am trying to control but in my case
the Media Server is a different host from the Master.

Regards,

Paul Esson