Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SL8500 Question (Different media generations)

2008-02-25 18:50:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SL8500 Question (Different media generations)
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:38:19 +1100

> This sounds promising-- how did you deal with the mixed media issue
> though, certainly you cannot have a scratch pool with both types of
> scratch etc?

Yes you can, if you can make out the picture you'll see we have two types in there. But I have resent without this time as the message was too big. I'll send it straight to you.

> How did you lay down that part?

Nothing special, added an inventory rule to add new tapes of that type to the scratch pool and they appear. No voodoo involved.

> And which version of NetBackup did you do this with?

6.0MP4

cheers

Dominik