Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO tapes handling more that it supposed

2008-02-25 15:47:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO tapes handling more that it supposed
From: "Chacko, Savil" <SavilChacko AT templeinland DOT com>
To: "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:28:33 -0600

When we were running LTO3, we also were consistently able to fill up tapes for a certain data set to about 1.2 TB.  We had multiple restores of all 1.2 TBs and validated the data.  The data was actually cold backups of Oracle databases, which surprised us since we had the same idea that if they were ASCII text files, then yea, I could see that, but databases?

-Savil