Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup of Exchange Mailboxes fails

2008-02-19 05:10:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup of Exchange Mailboxes fails
From: bnetra <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:54:34 -0800
Using NBU 6.0MP4 on Windows.

Backup of Exchange Mailboxes is failing with the error:

2/19/2008 11:00:31 AM - Warning bpbrm(pid=5980) from client
bbkmailsrv.services.bbkonline.com: WRN - unable to successfully enumerate
folder: Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\

The above message comes and backup fails with status 1 in the beginning itself
(without backing up anything).

I am unable to find a proper resolution to the above error. I read on Symantec
support site the workaround for this is 'Turn off Single Instance Store for
mailbox backups'. I am unable to understand this and what action to take i.e.
how to turn off SIS. I also read that this bug is fixed in NBU 5.0MP6. So I
should not be impacted by this but still I am getting this error.

What is the solution? Please help.

Thanks.

BNetra