Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bparchive

2008-02-14 09:18:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bparchive
From: "Cruice, Daniel \(US - Glen Mills\)" <dcruice AT deloitte DOT com>
To: "Kippen, Nathan C Mr CIV US DISA CDO2 " <Nathan.Kippen AT csd.disa DOT mil>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:02:33 -0500
I believe the clients also talk to the master regardless of what type of
backup you are running.  The ports are open by defaults to enable that
communicate to happen.  I am not sure if there is a separate port for
archive backups, what version of NBU are you running?  Might want to
engage a network guys to put a sniffer on that switch to see what is
getting blocked.

Thanks
Dan