Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Type 84 errors on NDMP backups on 6.0MP5 (JAJA (Jamie Jamison))

2008-02-12 14:42:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Type 84 errors on NDMP backups on 6.0MP5 (JAJA (Jamie Jamison))
From: "Nick Majeran" <nmajeran AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, jamisonj AT zgi DOT com
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:24:55 -0600
Yes, we see this error all the time.  I always thought it was a
block-size mismatch between NDMP and non-NDMP backups sharing the same
volume pool and retention, i.e., non-NDMP backups use a block-size of
256kb, while NDMP (waiting on NAS reboots before I move to 256k) uses
63kb.

If its a bug fixed in MP6, I don't think there will be too much longer
of a wait, as a I saw some MP6 files on the ftp site, although not the
main releases.  Any info from Symantec as to when that bug will be
fixed?

-- nick