Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Weird error 54/41

2008-02-12 06:11:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Weird error 54/41
From: "Marianne Van Den Berg" <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 12:46:34 +0200

 Hi all

We have Oracle rman backups failing with Network Connect Timeout.

Filesystem backups are working fine.

Weird thing is we can see in Job details ‘Connecting, Connected’:

02/12/2008 10:32:29 - connecting

02/12/2008 10:32:40 - connected; connect time: 0:00:00

02/12/2008 10:32:40 - begin writing

02/12/2008 11:32:41 - end writing; write time: 1:00:01

network connection timed out (41)

Handshaking in bpcd on client and bpbrm on media server is successful.

I have now increased Client Read Timeout to 7200. Backup ‘Active’ for 1 hr 54 minutes already – still not a single byte written….

Backups on this client have been successful till about 3 weeks ago. NetBackup 6.0 MP4 on server and client.

RMAN backups on the client to local disk start writing almost immediately.

RMAN log on client :

ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:

   VxBSACreateObject: Failed with error:

   Server Status:  Communication with the server has not been initiated or the server status has not been retrieved from the server.

PLEASE HELP!!

Regards

Marianne