Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone is using datadomain devices? Could you shareyour exp

2008-02-11 12:56:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Anyone is using datadomain devices? Could you shareyour exp
From: "Steve Bally" <Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:30:49 -0800
Hello,

We are currently using Data Domain in our infrastructure.  I need to ask
a couple of questions, are you going to replicate the data or just use
this as a backup target?  It appears that you are using the VTL solution
that they offer, that is where we have had our issue, and quite a few of
them.  The VTL solution is good if you are not going to replicate the
data.  It has taken Data Domain over a year to get the code to a point
where you can replicate the data and will not exceed to the point to
where it will not catch up. Pool level replication has been the solution
and our scrubbing the data that we actually replicate.

I would look at all the solutions that are out there, many storage
vendors are offering De-Dupe in there storage solutions.

Regards,

Steve