Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] login through veritas

2008-02-05 15:18:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] login through veritas
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:59:45 -0500

Right – you should pretty much be able to hit any open port with the telnet command which should be confused with the “telnetd” daemon that uses port 23.

It’s a good basic test when you want to see if connectivity to a given port is an issue.   It has nothing to do with being able to actually access the service listening on that port unless that service is poorly written.