Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone consoled into an SL500 before?

2008-02-04 09:28:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Has anyone consoled into an SL500 before?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:17:12 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008, Ed Wilts wrote:

> There is some authentication even for CLI access - I remember reading that
> when we got the instructions to add the slot license upgrade.   There is a
> client-side package you can install on Windows - it's a Java app that
> communicates with the library over SSL.  It requires authentication with the
> library.
>
> What are you trying to accomplish?
>
>   .../Ed
>
> On Feb 4, 2008 6:31 AM, Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com> wrote:
>
>> When you console into an L700 it looks like this:
>>
>> cli>
>>
>> Then you type your commands, what does the SL500 look like?  Does it
>> require authentication?
>>

> --
> Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
> mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org

I found my answer.

On the back of the SL500 there is a public IP port for SLConsole/etc--
I am talking about the CLI/Console port which you connect via serial
cable/or special ethernet cable.

You (I) need to contact Sun/STK to get the initial user/password to login
via the CLI, then I can configure the public interface and use SLConsole
et all.

Justin.