Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] tape limit?

2008-01-29 18:45:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] tape limit?
From: "Wilkinson, Tim" <Tim.Wilkinson AT dsto.defence.gov DOT au>
To: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>, "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 10:33:29 +1100
Curtis,

What's the syntax with tldtest and what does it do? Robtest appears to show all the slots and contents (or no contents where that is the case) - would that suggest it's not a HW issue?

When we installed the expansion unit, I put 9 more tapes in to test (we won't need more than that for a while) and ran an inventory in NBU. It found new tapes but put some in stand-alone, with 55 tapes in the default volume group. At the time, I thought it could be a barcode read error or something so I moved the stand-alone tapes around and did another inventory. It then added the stand-alone tapes back into the volume group but removed some other tapes and put them in standa-lone. The number in the volume group never hits more than 55. The tapes that get moved into stand-alone seem to change every time I move tapes around and get a new inventory.

Cheers,

Tim