Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 800 / NBEMM: Maximum job count has been reached: (6.0MP5)

2008-01-28 07:32:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 800 / NBEMM: Maximum job count has been reached: (6.0MP5)
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 07:14:02 -0500 (EST)
Using NetBackup 6.0MP5 and use the least storage unit option (we have several
in a group), look what happens:

What do I mean?

Go here:

1. Open jnbSA/Windows GUI:
2. Select NetBackup Management:
3. Select Storage Units:
4. Expand Storage Unit Groups:
5. Select the group:
6. Right click and select Change:
7. There are three options:
    a) Choose storage units based on the order specified above.
    b) Choose least recently selected storage unit in the list.
    c) Failover. (Use the first storage unit in the list. Use subsequent storage
       units for failover only.)

This was the only thing that changed and now we are getting ERROR 800s (2 or
3 clients).

We changed from a -> b.

And now I see this in the logs:

01/26/2008 08:00:39 - requesting resource mygroup
01/26/2008 08:00:39 - requesting resource
backups-mygroup.sub.domain.com.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.client-fqdn.sub.com
01/26/2008 08:00:39 - requesting resource
backups-mygroup.sub.domain.com.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.SERVER-POLICY
01/26/2008 08:00:46 - Error nbjm (pid=8196) NBU status: 800, EMM status:
Maximum job count has been reached for the storage unit
resource request failed (800)

It appears it is hitting the upper limit of an nbemm/server setting that is
causing the job to fail, I'd rather have it use the same storage unit (again)
and not be perfectly spread out across all storage units rather than having it
fail.

We need to find out how to avoid this if possible without changing
"Choose least recently selected storage unit in the list" -- I would assume
it is an NBEMM setting but I am curious if anyone else has experienced
this problem?

Justin.