Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Opinions about NetVault by BakBone

2008-01-21 11:46:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Opinions about NetVault by BakBone
From: "Kevin Whittaker" <Kevin.Whittaker AT syniverse DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:26:41 -0500

All,

Ok, I don't want to get into the whole story, but I will shorten it for this question.  Our China division is looking to buy NetVault with a NetApp disk array, and then backup to LTO4 tapes.

Has anybody had any experience with BakBone NetVault?  Any opinions on the product?

Trying to figure out if this is a bad thing for them or good for them.

Kevin Whittaker
Syniverse Technologies
Systems Engineer - UNIX Admin