Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.5 Catalog Backup Failure

2008-01-18 14:29:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.5 Catalog Backup Failure
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 13:18:28 -0600
I ran into a situation the other day where in a 6.5 environment, a problematic media server (which was purposefully left at 5x [yes I did the modify_5x_hosts option]) caused the hot catalog backup to fail. In 5.x and previous versions, the catalog backup was done by populating the file list or sync file. If there was a problem with one particular media server, you could remove its entries from the list and the catalog backup would complete.

Is there a way in 6.5 to get the hot catalog backup to skip a media server with issues so that you can get a good backup of the rest of the environment? Is it just the fact that since this one media server with an issue was still 5x that I had a problem?

Thanks,
-Rusty