Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Application Comparisons

2008-01-17 12:36:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Application Comparisons
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:21:20 -0600

Has anyone done any type of comparisons between NetBackup, HP Data Protector, and/or Microsoft DPM?  We have new people coming in with new ideas questioning whether or not we are using the best application for the job.  I think so and I’m looking for documented ammunition.  The cost of ripping out NetBackup and replacing it with something else obviously isn’t deterring anyone from going down this road so I need something else.  I’m all for finding the best solution; I’m just of the opinion that we’re already running the best solution.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Randy