Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 tape drive Performance testing tools

2008-01-16 15:13:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 tape drive Performance testing tools
From: "Steve Fogarty" <steve.fogarty AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Ed Scheef" <cxscheef AT tecoenergy DOT com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:46:05 -0400
Download cygwin and use tar or dd.   :-)

Steve

On Jan 16, 2008 3:31 PM, Ed Scheef <cxscheef AT tecoenergy DOT com> wrote:
Folks,

 We have recently installed LTO3 tape drives in an L1400 tape
 library (for netbackup use). Tape drives are driven by
 Windows 2003 servers.

  Using Netbackup, we are not getting the throughput expected.
  We're getting 8-25mb/sec where we should be seeing 60-80mb/sec.

 Is there a utility or a method available which we could use to
 test direct write performance from Windows 2003 OS level
 directly to the LTO3 tapes drives, keeping Netbackup out of
 the picture ??   This would help tell the tale if Netbackup is
 the bottleneck or whether it is something else.

Thanks Much,
Ed Scheef
TECO Energy, Inc. - Tampa