Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN backup using Netbackup

2008-01-12 00:41:01
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN backup using Netbackup
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: "Murtuja Khokhar" <murtuja_oracle AT yahoo DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 00:29:20 -0500

It appears that you are using the default RMAN setup without installing the NBU Oracle Agent.  (When you run rman without an agent installed, it backs up to oraclehome/dbs.)  You need to install and configure the NBU Oracle Agent.  Once that’s done, the Oracle policy you configure will determine where backups are stored.

---

W. Curtis Preston

Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com

VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies