Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN backup using Netbackup

2008-01-11 11:03:23
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Oracle RMAN backup using Netbackup
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Murtuja Khokhar" <murtuja_oracle AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:45:05 -0600
You can store them on a media server which will match your requirements if the master server is also a media server.

Configure a disk storage unit or disk staging storage unit and use the NetBackup database agents to write to that storage unit.

A Google search string of "netbackup oracle agent site:veritas.com" will go a long way in your research.  Here's the manual for 6.5 - you can find a similar one for 6.0 but I'll let you locate that.  http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290215.pdf

   .../Ed