Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading NetBackup to 6.5 from 6.0MP4 on Windows 2003

2008-01-10 12:43:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading NetBackup to 6.5 from 6.0MP4 on Windows 2003
From: amanda meegama <ameegama AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Mike Kiles <mikekiles AT yahoo DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:10:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I  have NBU 6.5.1 master server with  clients 5.1 MP6.  Backup running fine, no failures.

Most common cause of this error,

An evaluation license key for NetBackup expired. However, the most common cause of this error is a host name resolution problem.
Other possible causes of this error:
*  nbjm is unable to connect to bpcd on the media server
*  nbpem is unable to connect to nbproxy
*  bptm on the media server is unable to connect to nbjm on the master server.These errors are caused either by network connectivity issues or if a required process such as pbx_exchange is not running.

Thanks
A Meegama