Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] T2000 vaulting performance with VTL/LTO3

2008-01-08 17:43:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] T2000 vaulting performance with VTL/LTO3
From: Chris_Millet <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 14:07:31 -0800
Ok, I figured it out.  Since we use Qlogic branded adapters and QLA driver
instead of the QLC driver there was a setting we needed to change in
/kernel/drv/qla2300.conf.  It is the equipment of the pci-max-read-request
variable in qlc.conf.

# PCI-X Maximum Memory Read Byte Count.
#    Range: 0, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048 or 4096 bytes
#    Default: 0 = system default
hba0-pci-x-max-memory-read-byte-count=2048;

Anyway, that plus setting maxphys=0x800000 in /etc/system seems to have removed
all bottlenecks from the T2000 and we are able to get linespeed data transfer
speeds through the QLE2462.

We are now able to vault jobs at around 160MB/sec from VTL to LTO3.  I've only
tried two concurrent vaults for x2 performance.