Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Ejecting Tapes in Netbackup 6.0 MP5

2007-12-29 17:48:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Ejecting Tapes in Netbackup 6.0 MP5
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:21:06 -0500
> Is anyone using scripts to auto eject tapes from their library?
>
> In the previous versions I had a script to eject the tapes
> that used the
> following command:
>
>     vmchange -rn 0 -res -m MED001 -mt DLT3 -e -sec 1
>
> These parameters no longer work with Netbackup 6 (imagine that)
>
> I see they have a multi-eject parameter but that command is
> interactive.
> If run without the -w parameter Netbackup spawns another
> tldcd process
> which locks access to the library.
> I need something that can be run via a script.
>
> Thanks
> Lowell

Lowell - this is excerpted from a 6.0 MP??? script I wrote for an
environment I no longer have.  Worked fine.  fd6 (execed from stdin or
another process earlier in the code) answered the "press any key"
console query for multiple batches.

  $VMCHANGE -multi_eject -w -res \
    -rt $_RT -rn $_RN -rh $_RH \
    -ml $_BATCH <&6 2>&1 | \