Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Ejecting Tapes in Netbackup 6.0 MP5

2007-12-28 16:00:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Ejecting Tapes in Netbackup 6.0 MP5
From: lfafard AT saskpower DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:47:15 -0600

Is anyone using scripts to auto eject tapes from their library?

In the previous versions I had a script to eject the tapes that used the following command:

    vmchange -rn 0 -res -m MED001 -mt DLT3 -e -sec 1

These parameters no longer work with Netbackup 6 (imagine that)

I see they have a multi-eject parameter but that command is interactive.  If run without the -w parameter Netbackup spawns another tldcd process which locks access to the library.
I need something that can be run via a script.

Thanks
Lowell
This email including attachments is confidential and proprietary.  If you are not the intended recipient, any redistribution or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us by return email, and delete this email.