Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Need date calculation utility

2007-12-20 15:12:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Need date calculation utility
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:56:44 -0800

I recently switched my offsite schedule to an every-other Tuesday schedule and I’m having difficulty calculating a valid return date for that scenario.  How do I know if any given Tuesday in the future falls on a service date or not?

I’m running Solaris and I have the Date-Calc package by Steffen Beyer, but I haven’t found an example of how to solve this particular problem and I haven’t learned perl well enough yet to figure it out on my own – has anybody solved a problem like this?

Thanks,

Neil