Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Any BMR with Linux clients success ?

2007-12-20 07:39:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Any BMR with Linux clients success ?
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:24:32 -0500
> >LOL ! So NBU 6.5 begins to support a 3 years old OS !
> >I guess that RHEL5 support will come in 2015 :-)

Ya know, all you need to do "BMR" for Linux systems is a Knoppix (or, I
suppose, any other Live-CD) with a Netbackup client on it. Boot from the
CD, partition and file-system your disks, mount 'em, and restore all the
files. Install your boot loader and you're pretty much done. You could
even write a script do handle most of the grunt work; I know, that's just
what I did. When I need to disaster-recover a system, I just pop in my
trusty recovery CD, tell it what system to recover, and come back in an
hour.

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

"Don't take life too seriously ... You'll never get out of it
 alive."
       - Bugs Bunny